Thank you for your interest in serving at our Thanksgiving distribution event on Saturday, November 22, 7am-3pm. ALL volunteers interested in serving MUST be atleast 16 years old and attend a training session before serving. To register to serve, please click the sign up link next to your area of interest. Training will be on Tuesday, November 11, 7-8:30pm in the Jr. High Worship Center. If you have any questions, please email HolidayGiving@church-redeemer.org.
Please be aware that anyone who desires to serve need to have a background check done by Church of the Redeemer. If you already had one done by the church then you will not need another one. You can download the form here. Please fill it out, sign it and fax it back to 301-926-6925, Attn: La Toya Ormsby.
Thanksgiving Outreach Volunteer Positions:
* We need Spanish speaking bilinguals for this area.
Many Days to Volunteer for Administrative Opportunties - The Team Leaders will contact you to determine the exact day you will be available to volunteer.
- Help make calls to Outreach Recipient to confirm information
- Monday, November 4th, 2013 Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Put together mailings and gifts for Outreach Recipients
- Thursday, November 7th, 2013 Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Thursday, November 14th, 2013 Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Outreach Day: Verify information and identification of Outreach Recipients
- Saturday, November 16th, 2013 Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Provide Outreach Recipients gift to Case Workers
- Sunday, November 17th, 2013 Time: TBA
- Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 Time: PM TBA
- Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 Time: AM TBA
- Reset rooms at the completion of the outreach making sure to put back everything in its righful place.
- Other duties as needed.
- Greet children and their families.
- Oversee games and make crafts with children and their families.
- Greet guests warmly.
- Verify guest information.
- Provide guests with their gift.
Evangelism & Prayer*-FULL
- Pray with people that express a need for prayer.
- Provide a welcoming environment where people can be engaged in spiritual conversations where they are introduced to Christ in a non-threatening and friendly manner.
- Smile and provide a welcoming environment for guests.
- Assist guests to room location(s) for various activities.
- Answer any questions that they may have.
- Verify that guest has id and invitation match before sending in to distribution area.
- Help to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our guests and volunteers.
- Provide snacks and refreshments for our guests and volunteers.
Please note that this opportunity is on Friday, November 15, 8:30-10pm
- Help to set up outreach locations.
- Decorate areas as instructed.
Don't forget the volunteer training on Tuesday, November 11, 7-8:30pm in the Jr. High Worship Center. Questions? Email HolidayGiving@church-redeemer.org.