|< View All Positions|
|Middle School Grammar/Literature Teacher
|COR Christian School | Full Time
||Apply for this Position|
To make the most of our opportunities for service, our church staff must consistently demonstrate attitudes and commitments that reflect biblical guidelines, producing positive ministry and good stewardship. Please see our "About" tab to learn about our Core Values, our Statement of Faith, and other relevant information.
The school teacher prayerfully helps students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Motivating students to accept God's gift of salvation, and be a Christian witness and role model to them in order to help them become faithful and fruitful followers of Jesus Christ.
• Ensuring that the classroom work environment is Christian-based, nurturing, wholesome, and loving.
• Integrating biblical principles and the Christian worldview throughout curriculum and activities.
• Employing a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child - spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
• Providing a good learning environment by keeping proper discipline in the classroom, and other places on the school premises.
• Supervising extra activities and outings as assigned.
• Involving parents in prayer and volunteerism as appropriate.
• Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.
• Must be a member in good standing of a local Christian church, preferably at Church of the Redeemer.
• Must possess a four-year college degree, preferably in education.
• Must possess classroom experience.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Christian philosophy of education.
• Must possess knowledge of the school's curriculum, standards, and mission.
• Must demonstrate the ability to accomplish the goals and objectives assigned by the school administration and school policy.
• Must maintain regular and accurate records.
• Must recognize the need for good public relations.
• Preferably possesses certification with ACSI and/or state of residence.